Thread: access token - can't establish a session

pflip

access token - can't establish a session

Hello,

I've got a problem establishing a session when creating apps. Basically, for some reasons, the example apps given by the hidrive-sdk aren't even working for me.
    After logging in to the cloud storage I get the authorisation token that would allow me to get access to the account. But shouldn't the given token be handled by the session.link() / OAuthTokenManager?

I'm sure the solution to the problem is very simple and I am just missing one little detail, but I just can't figure it out.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi pflip,

I assume you have registered your app under the same developer name. In this case I may have an answer.
    You have registered a "native" type app for use with the "oob" workflow, which is intended for applications without access to localhost. Therefore, the "code" will be displayed in the browser.

The Android-SDK is able and intended to handle localhost-redirects, so it needs the app to be registered for a redirect to localhost:<PORT>.

If you could send me a localhost:<PORT> and your client_id (not client_secret) as confirmation to our SUPPORT EMAIL, I'll change this for you. (Please do not post your credential to this public forum, as well.)

The Android SDK should work after that.